- Losing Files on the Lab Computers?
Always carry a USB drive or rewritable CD with you to save your files to! Many students don't know that if you try to save a file on the desktop, or even drive C: of an engineering lab computer, you will lose it when the computer is logged-out or restarted. You can save a file to drive T:, but even that will disappear during periodic updates of the lab computers. The best way to save files, therefore, is to use a USB drive or a rewritable CD (the lab computers do have CD writers installed).
- Make sure you have funds in your print account before printing.
- Please DO NOT bring food or drink into the labs. It is discourteous to other users to do so. Crumbs and drinks can spill damaging the keyboard or computer. Lab rules are posted in every lab.
- Always check the room calendar posted on the lab doors to avoid walking in on a class in session or other reserved event.
- Need help with software, UNIX or other?
There is an online help desk page on the Engineering Information Technology website that may have an answer for you: http://www.it.umd.edu/resources/helpdesk.html.
- Lost something in the lab?
There is a lost-and-found at the glass window across from Room 0309 Martin Hall. Unclaimed items are kept for one semester only.
- To learn more about the labs, visit: http://www.it.umd.edu/labs/