This is a part-time student employee position. For full-time employment, please visit ejobs.umd.edu.
Engineering IT (EIT), a department within the A. James Clark School of Engineering at the University of Maryland, works to support the research and teaching mission of the University through innovative, cutting edge technology solutions. We support everything from distributed makerspace management systems to complex online learning platforms designed to give engineers the tools they need to be successful in their post-college pursuits. We’re constantly innovating and leveraging the latest technology to achieve our goals.
Our team is looking for highly motivated and skilled student IT specialists to support our Terrapin Works prototyping lab system across the A. James Clark School of Engineering. Terrapin Works is on the forefront of manufacturing and prototyping and provides the campus community with innovative technologies to assist researchers and students alike. This position directly supports the diverse IT needs of the Terrapin Works system.
Applications for this position are accepted on a rolling basis until we have reached capacity. Once capacity has been reached, applications will not be accepted until there are available slots on the team again. Please feel free to send your resume to email@example.com if applications are not currently open, we always appreciate hearing from uniquely qualified candidates.
A day in the life
You’ll be the primary IT support contact for employees within the Terrapin Works system. Both student and full time employees may reach out to you with questions about access to services, requests for assistance in configuration of equipment, software, and hardware, and more. You’ll also be in charge of innovating and utilizing the latest tools and technologies to improve IT processes in Terrapin Works. One day you may be working to resolve an issue with a piece of equipment, another day you may be designing an AI system to streamline the customer service process to reduce IT overhead.
What you’ll do
- Be the primary contact for IT support needs within the Terrapin Works system.
- Participate in the definition of innovative, easy to understand and access IT processes.
- Work across teams to deliver top-notch solutions to complex issues.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Understand system interdependencies and limitations.
- Share knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and IT best practices.
You (basic qualifications)
- Are passionate about technology.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have some experience troubleshooting issues in Windows and Mac environments.
- Have some experience with the command line (Terminal & Powershell).
- Have a fundamental understanding of the role of IT in an organization.
You also have (preferred qualifications)
- Prior experience in an IT support role.
- Experience in process design & implementation.
It’s a plus if you (extra qualifications)
- Have experience with ticketing systems.
- Have experience in software development.
- Have experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Have experience with GitLab.
- Have used Atlassian tools before (Jira / Confluence).
- Have experience with the agile methodology of work.
Why you’d want to work for us
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home, work, or studying; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to all parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal, professional, and academic life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work, academic, and personal lives.
You’re at one of the best public research universities in the nation. We believe in you as a person and want to see you succeed; that includes making it to graduation and in your post-graduation young adult life. We care about your personal growth and work to assign projects that most align with your skills and interest areas. We support each other by being available and being open to asking questions and listening to each other.
We work out of the IDEA Factory in room 1102, Terrapin Works’ Rapid Prototyping Center. You’ll have access to state of the art facilities equipped with the latest hardware and software necessary for your job.
We value your time and work and strongly believe you should be compensated accordingly. All employees start at the current minimum wage and are raised to the base pay rate for this position upon completion of a two month probationary period. Further raises are provided based on a combination of merit & time, up to the current maximum rate*.
*The maximum pay rate is set by University Human Resources. For student roles in Engineering IT, exceptions to the maximum pay rate are not possible. From time to time we re-evaluate base pay and update it accordingly to be in line with current industry trends.
See more and apply here: https://portal.eds.umd.edu/job/student-employee-it-specialist/